Tuesday, September 07, 2010

The Zoo and OMSI...

We weren't planning on a membership to OMSI, but they had a fantastic deal and we just couldn't pass it up. I am so glad that we didn't either, as the membership has already more than paid for itself, and we have plenty of wet and cold weather a coming.
Anyone want to join us, give us a holler. We would love to meet up!
Guess who...
Ahaa!
Two of my wonderful niece/nephews at OMSI with us, Austin and Delaney.
Not at all surprised that Aubs wanted to check the cockroaches out.
Here she goes! Lily declined holding, but she actually did pet it!
Wow, is that not a cheesy grin or what! So much fun though, for the life of me though cannot remember what the name of this thing is right now. Can only think of Paul Blart in Mallcop!
My sister and mother-in-law also checking it out. I think we all would have loved to sneak it away for a couple hours and really get up to speed, so much fun!
I just love the above pic.
The kiddos all played so well together. Ran around together all day, including back at the house. They entertained themselves in the backyard together for hours, was so fantastic!

Another great day at OMSI.
Below I am sure are pics from a couple different zoo trips. We got a membership at the beginning of the summer, which I am so thankful for. There are so many great animals to see, and want the girls to enjoy themselves and go at their own pace. We just take our time and let them lead, some days we don't see many exhibits, but we always have a great time.

For some reason the big stuffed bears, which are right at the entrance/exit are always a huge hit. It seems to take us about a half hour before we even get to the actual exhibits. To many interesting things for them leading up to them.
Of course petting the animals is one of their favorites. I am always so impressed with how mellow the goats are,but still always makes me nervous.
I can't seem to keep the girls from hugging the goats, but atleast they aren't kissing them anymore.
Think Aubs might have needed to go to the bathroom in this pick! On a total random side note, I have been wondering if I ever posted Aubrey's potty training on here. I don't really think I ever did, and she is. Not at bedtime of course, but since spring time she has been and it is fantastic!
My brother Trav. His favorites were exhibit was the bats, and one of the girls working in the goat arena!
Getting to be so grown-up, talk about making me feel old!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home