Friday, July 23, 2010

I'm a berry addict....

OK, I can admit it. I am a berry picking addict, I just love it. This is our second year going to this fantastic no spray farm that is just a couple miles from our house. Sadly we missed strawberry season this year, but we have had blueberries and raspberries coming out of our ears. I should take more pictures when I am there, but that would disrupt my berry picking ability!
The girls really enjoy themselves as well. Well, for about the first hour or so then they are ready for something else. We limit each time there to about 1 1/2 hours, and have picked 42 pounds of berries so far this season! I have made quite a bit of raspberry jam (for the first time ever), and we are freezing all the blueberries to eat and make goodies out of throughout the year. Nothing like fresh bluberries in your homemade pancakes on a Sunday morning, mmmmmmm!
Berry picking anyone?

1 Comments:

At 7:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

fun! i love the pic of the girls on opposite sides of the path, looking back at each other - almost like a challenge "who's going to pick more?" so cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home