Friday, July 23, 2010

Garden randomness

Our little blueberry patch. Really it is just one bush that produces a little bit, the other bigger one has gotten stomped by the girls, along with the couple small bushes I planted this spring.
We had to dig up a couple bushes that were killed (maybe had something to do with Corey's deep pruning last fall =), so I figured why not throw some plants in there space and see if anything happens. So far just a couple beans, and promises of squash and zucchini. Oh, the rhubarb loves it there though, we have harvested it several times.

Our strawberry patch. I know I really need to thin it out, but do you know how hard that is to do! Crazy that just last year I think, maybe the year before, it was just a dozen or so small plants. I didn't realize those runners went so crazy, it will be my project this fall, but I might need some hand holding to pull plants up.


I really wanted tomatoes this year, last year we hardly got any, so kind of went crazy on the number of plants we have. All but one though are cherry tomato, as Lily eats them like candy, and that is all we could successfully grow last year. Our yard doesn't get a lot of sunlight, which definitely hurts are growing abilities. Still fun to try though!
I couldn't believe when I pulled this out of the strawberry patch. A walnut tree, those darn squirrels! Also in our garden below if you notice those really tall things in there, they are sunflowers, and they weren't planted by me either!
Plenty of lettuce for anyone who needs some, oh and carrots but you have to fight the girls for those! Besides that not a whole lot of produce yet, but lots of promise of goodies to come.

1 Comments:

At 7:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have a bit of garden envy going on looking at these pics =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home