Saturday, June 02, 2012

Fun at Seaside

 Our first family beach trip of the season.   This time to Seaside, Oregon.  Seaside was the beach we used to always go to, in fact that is were Corey and I had our first real "wow, I kinda like you", moment.   It was an Honors Day field trip 17 years ago.  I know, 17 years!!!  I just had to do the math on that myself .  It was in May and I was 17 years old, and I turn 34 this summer.  Who would have thought a high school crush would turn into such a blessed little family!  
This trip we were fortunate enough to rent a great house with some of our wonderful family.  This made it even more fun for the girls, as they had cousins, dogs, Aunts and Uncles, and Grandparents to play with also. 
Swings on the beach, very cool!
Hadley absolutely loved the beach.  I have several videos of her speed crawling down the beach, while chattering away the whole time.  Was so hilarious!
Lily was very focused on finding any and all "treasures" around her.  Her bucket was  about half full by the  time we left.
Aubrey enjoyed treasure finding also, but had more fun playing in the water and building sand castles.
Felt bad as the girls Grandma had taken the time to write this, but the timing just didn't work out to get all the kiddos in it.  The downpour had started and we were trying to round up the girls.
We attempted to go bowling.  I got a whole frame in before I had to take Hadley outside.  She was in a great mood when we walked into the building, and once I took her out she was in wonderful spirits, but spent a good 10 minutes in the bowling alley fussing away. 
It was a great getaway, and left me with visions of owning a beach house someday.  Wipe the drool away, I know, but has always been a dream of mine and there are tons of great deals right now.  I think I'll stay in dream land awhile longer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home