Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Our freezer is full!

OK, yes I know I am a nerd but am just so excited I have to share with others. We decided to get a half a beef recently so we would know exactly what are meat was and wasn't made of. It arrived yesterday, isn't that a beautifully stocked freezer. The meat arrived just as I had finished dethawing the freezer (nothing like waiting until last minute and having to defrost it with a blowdryer!)

Shortly after our meat arrived Lily and I drove to pick up our weekly produce from a local farm, as well as our delicious free range eggs from another local lady. I just felt so good about our day and the changes we are making in our lifestyle, just had to pass it on.
Below is Lily and I shelling some fresh peas from one of the weeks pickups. Despite the large amount she ingested while shelling them, eventually we had enough to cook with dinner. Couldn't exactly get frustrated with her for eating her vegetables now could I!


2 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pigtails - sweet.. and peas - yum!!

 
At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like the peas made her forget her febrile worries for a little bit anyway!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home